Rue 21, Forever 21, Wal-Mart, and Big Lots haul!

Saturday, January 21, 2012


Hey guys! I truly have a shopping addiction. I have decided to put myself on a project pan after I looked at how much cash I had left...My next post will be about my own personal rules for project pan which starts right..Now.

So I went to Rue 21, and I picked up a perfume. Then I got a coupon, and went again today and picked up two more and a wallet. The perfumes are only $10 and really great quality. Here they are!



The first one is Rue 21 Black. It smells absolutely amazing. Since, like most people, I am terrible at describing scents I looked it up. Fragrantica says, " Rue21 Twentyone Black is a fragrance for the young and rebellious girls, launched in summer 2010. It opens with fresh notes of orange, dewy green tones and pineapple. The heart features lily of the valley and orange blossom, layered with creamy coconut, woody notes, musk and amber."
I mainly get the coconut and some orange and pineapple. To me, it smells really fruity and fresh. The kind of perfume I would wear everyday. Although it is young, it isn't "immature." 



The next one is Tarea. Let me just start with the bottle. It is super cute. I wouldn't mind having it on my vanity...if I didn't store my perfumes away from sunlight in a drawer of course. Fragrantica says: "The composition of floral – fruity aromas opens with notes of pomegranate, apple and pear. The heart is floral thanks to jasmine and peony, laid on the warm base of amber and blonde woods."
My unsophisticated nose just senses the floral sweet sent. I do love it though.

 

The last perfume I picked up is an actual Eau De Parfum, where as the other didn't mention whether they were Eau De Toilette or whatever else, but this one is stronger. Although I am no fan of the bottle, others might really enjoy it. Runway 21 is a limited edition perfume so I recommend checking it out. I couldn't find any notes for it, but the lady said it was strawberries and something else. It's a little deeper than the other scents. So imagine a musky strawberry...kinda.

The last thing I picked up at Rue 21 was this amazing wallet. It was on sale, and then on the 50% off rack. It was only $3 and super cute! I love it and is going to replace my old Claire's wallet that is falling apart.



Then I went to Wal-Mart and I was going to pick up the CG Aqua Smoothers compact but they only had the tan/dark shades so I went ahead and picked up the Dream Smooth Mousse foundation. It was really hard to tell what shade I was. Somebody opened one of the lightest foundations, and I swatched it (shhh) and it looked a lot darker in the packaging then it did swatched so I picked up Classic Ivory. I'm super pale, so I hope it works! It was $8.

 

So I have been using the Maybelline One By One Mascara, and I don't really like it. I love the brush, but the formula doesn't do much for my very small and sparse lashes. I saw the Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes, and the brush looked similar so I picked it up. It was a little pricy for drugstore mascaras, at $7 but it was the same as the One by One. I won't open it yet, until my One by One is unusable, but I wanted it for when that does happen.


I was running out of my shampoo and conditioner so I got the Garnier Fructis Daily Care. I haven't found a shampoo that I love. My hair isn't died, I don't have curly hair, it's already soft, and I just don't need any of those special benefits. I do wash my hair everyday, because otherwise it's super oily. My mom saw this and handed it to me. I don't know how good it will be, but I will let you know! They were each $3.

Big Lots is a discounted store for...well basically everything. Food, furniture, wrapping paper, nail polish, you name it. I bought this ELF 32 Eye Color Everyday Eye Edition for $4.50. The one on the website is the bright version, but you may be able to find this one at your Target. I've been trying them out and I really like it. Some of the shades have a lot of pigment (others have little to no pigment), and I love the fact that there are two rows of neutral shades, one of smokier shades, and one of colors. Some of them are a bit powdery (you can see a few have broken a little bit and I just pressed it down with my finger (the second to last one from the right corner on the bottom row, and the one about it, plus the maroon color.) Overall, they can work, and are super cheap.
Then I picked up these Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadows in Silver Fox. It was $3. I believe it was limited edition..but I'm not sure. The picture isn't very good quality, but the top color is a purple. Then a white, a teal-blue, and a grey. They are quite a bit chalky and have fall out, but I really like the white and the purple is really good as an eyeliner. I have yet to use the grey, but I did use the teal for a pop of color, and it has quite a lot of pigment, I just don't really like the fall out. Blue eyeshadow all over your face isn't cute.

The last thing I picked up, are these earrings from Forever 21. They were $1.50 and so cute. I love the jewelry at Forever 21 and could have bought the whole store...if I had the money.

I hope you enjoyed this haul! Please excuse the poor quality as I am using my phone for the pictures. When I do reviews/looks I will use a proper camera, it is just easier to upload from my phone.

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored.

0 comments:

Post a Comment