Non-Beauty Related: Peeta Vs. Gale

Monday, March 5, 2012

Now I am a huge Hunger Games fan. I cannot wait for the movie. (midnight premiere, oh yeah!)
So a topic of common interest at my school is the infamous Gale Vs. Peeta. I stand 100% behind my choice and I will list the reasons why. If you have not read the books, please do not proceed through this post. This is a SPOILERS alert.
1. Looks: Now many of the girls at my school love the looks of Peeta, but to me, Gale (Liam) is WAY more attractive. Maybe it's his Brown hair, blue eyes, combination, or just the pure masculine feel of him, but he is just so attractive! Also, Peeta is only 5'7'' and 140 pounds. In the words of my great friend Milly, "That is a huge turn-off."

2. Now moving on to the actual personality traits. First off: Food.
Now Peeta is that great baker, while Gale hunts for his family. He supplies his entire family with food, and who wants to just eat read when you can have a full mull with meat and scavenged salad.

3. "Peeta saved Katniss' life with the bread."
Yes, whenever Katniss' needed food Peeta threw her a loaf of brunt bread...Gale brought her back so much food, helping not just ONCE but many times.

4. "Peeta gave himself up for Katniss."
If Gale was put in the arena, he would have done the exact same thing. He would have pushed to keep her alive, just as much, if not more, than Peeta.

5. Best friends vs all-time love
Now this is really personal preference, but I am a sucker for best-friends turning into a couple. Now the whole ,"I've loved you forever," is nice and romantic, but I am all for spontaneity, and not to mention all the history Katniss and Gale have together.
Major spoiler alert: The only bad thing about Gale is he did end up killing Prim, indirectly. He did not mean for the bomb to kill Prim, it was not entirely his fault.

I am all for Gale (and Liam). If you want to put my debating skills to the test, feel free to comment down below!






0 comments:

Post a Comment