These are just a few of my tips on how you can protect your skin from sunburn.
1. Try to stay out of the sun during the hottest time of day. It not only will be less fun but there is a better chance of getting a sunburn. This times usually ranges from around 11:30-3, depending on where you live.
2. If you can, try to stay covered, except for things like swimming. Tight clothing can be irritating in the heat, so wear loose flowy things while outside.
3. During spring, apply sunscreen heavily and often, as your skin is still getting used to the rays. If you want a tan, give your skin a while to adjust, before lowering your SPF level.
4. Use an SPF of 45+ daily.
5. Use a different sunscreen for your face than your body.
6. Whenever you get home, smooth all aloe vera lotion all over your body. Even if a burn doesn't look like a burn, it can develop, and the aloe vera will help keep it mild.
Check back soon for my Getting Rid of a Sunscreen Quick post.