Review: Maybelline Define-A-Line eyeliner in Brownish Black

Saturday, February 18, 2012

I was looking up this product to see the price on Ulta, and did not find it. It is still on Maybelline's website so I do not think it is discontinued or anything...but unto the review:

This eyeliner from Maybelline claims to have smooth.precise application with all day wear. I do have to say, this eyeliner is super creamy and pigmented. All day wear? No.

 The packaging is a slim green tube with a cap in whatever color you got. I love the packaging as it stand out from your other eyeliners, but the color is still clearly visible. It has a smudger on the end, but as opposed to smudging it completely takes of the liner for me. It retails for around $6, depending on the store,
 This shade is brownish black. I don't think I would consider this any where near black as it is a brown. I would have called this dark brown, but the color is gorgeous.
 This pencil is  retractable eyeliner. you do not get a whole lot of product, but you don't waste any sharpening.
 








The second swatch is one swipe, the first one is slightly built up. The texture is fantastic and there is no need for building up more than 2 times.










After letting the eyeliner set for a little bit, I lightly ran my finger over the edge to simulate wear. As you can see it smudged right off. This happens on your eye within the first 2 hours of wearing.
.








Overall, this eyeliner is not worth any price you pay for it. The eyeliner doesn't last at all, although the texture and pigmentation are right on.

Product: 1/5
Pigmentation: 4.5/5
Texture: 5/5
Lasting power: 0/5
Application: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Overall: D
No point in an eyeliner that doesn't last.

0 comments:

Post a Comment