Review: Pantene Pro-V Medium-Thick Hair Style Heat Protection and Shine Spray

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let me just start off by saying, I do not have a lot of experience with heat protectants. Thhis is the only one that I have owned, but I have tried a few of my friends. family, etc. I do not have medium-thick hair, but this was the only one at my Wal-mart and silly me didn't even read the bottle when I picked it up.
The packaging is rather normal, but the nozzle is pretty annoying. It is awkward to hold and spray, especially for the back of your head, and it sprays in a single stream as opposed to misting out.
I personally spray this all over my head, starting at the top going around 7 times around my head, then I move the bottle down a bit and go around my head again, and then move it down once more doing the same thing. Then  I take a wide-toothed comb and comb through my hair to distribute the product.  do not recommend using a fine-toothed comb or a brush for this step as you want to leave the product in your hair. Then you need to let it dry. I typically apply heat protrectant before I do my makeup, and then after my makeup I style my hair.
Before I started watching youtube videos I didn't even know there was heat protectant for your hair, but as soon as I bought this one and starting using it, my hair felt so much better and softer. I don't see much of a difference in shine whenever I use this.
The smell is pleasant, and not over powering. I didn't even know the scent until I picked up the bottle before writing this review and smelled it. It smells clean with a little bit of citrus in it.
The cons for me is that it takes some wor to get it evenly in your hair and if you straighten your hair before it is completely dry your hair sizzles.

Product: 4/5
Packaging: 2/5
Overall: B-
The product's packaging isn't very well thought out and the product doesn't give a lot of shine to the hair.

2 comments:

Ke said...

that's good to know! i'm looking for a heat protectant spray :)

ke
blissfullyke.blogspot.com

So Blushable said...

Let me know if you try it out! Or if you find one that you might like better. (:

Post a Comment