What to wear to work out?

Saturday, February 25, 2012

I recently got an email (email me at soblushable@yahoo.com) asking what I wear to work out. I currently go to the gym and do a typical cardio workout 2-3 times a week, and I also do dance every Saturdays. I will be talking about my "makeup" looks, hair dos, and fashion. Although I don't really care, I do like to look acceptable. Especially for dance.
Starting with the fashion. For the gym:
I always wear a pair of Soffe shorts. There are a lot of knock-off brands but the traditional Soffe brand has much better quality. They have a lot of different colors and even fun patterns. You can find them basically anywhere, Wal-Mart, Target, Academy, even Kohl's! They are 50% cotton and 50% polyester with a strip of exposed elastic at the top that folds over. You can find them for around $7-9.
http://www.yipesonline.com/products/soffe-short-1










For the top, I typically just wear a t-shirt. You know those big unisex t-shirts they give you for different events, so I wear those. Nothing too exciting.

The next thing that is really important for sports, is a sports bra. I typically look for my sorts bras at Academy as they have a huge selection, but they can get pretty expensive. My favorite brand from academy is BCBG. Their bras range from $7-$13. I have a few and they work really well and last a long time.
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_68978_-1?color=Caviar&N=12504180+4294966537

For shoes I just wear a typical pair of tennis shoes.

My hair goes up in a ponytail, using lots of clips to keep up my short hair. I also use an elastic headband to put away those flyaways.



On to dance!
My dance class is a Drill Team Prep class and we don't have a reall dress code, we just wear whatever is comfortable. Here is what I wear:
Shorts: I typically wear two pairs of shorts. I know, kind of wierd but it makes sense. I wear Soffe's and underneath my Soffe's I wear a pair of spandex. Whenever you move around a lot in dance, you don't want anything..showing, but I don't feel comfortable in just spandex. So I wear both!
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_68429_-1?color=Caviar&N=12504177
For the top I wear the same thing I do for the gym.
For dance I wear a pair of jazz shoes.
My hair is also the same but for dance I typically put on a bit of makeup:
Under eye and blemish concealer
Powder
Bronzer
Eyeliner
Mascara
And then for dance I typically use my Bath and Body Works body spray in CarriedAaway.

That's it! If you have any requests comment down below or email me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment